How to Reformat Macbook Pro – Having a Mac or MacBook is indeed a dream of many people. But there are times when you want to sell your Mac or MacBook, or you just want to reset macOS so that it looks like Mac and MacBook are back in factory settings again.
After resetting the Mac or resetting the MacBook, the condition will be like new again. Yes, there won’t be any data left on your Mac. Even the macOS conditions will return to fresh and fresh as new again.
For those of you who want to hard reset your Mac and MacBook, you can read the following How to Reformat Macbook Pro tutorial.
How to Reformat Macbook Pro
Learn first how to Recovery macOS to reinstall your Mac OS on internal drive or external memory. MacOS recovery it easy to re-install the Mac operating system, if you have to remove the activation disk first. You only need an internet connection. If wireless network available, then you can choose from Wi-Fi menu in menu bar. This menu also available on MacOS Recovery.
1. MacOS recovery
To start from MacOS Recovery, turn on the Mac, then immediately press and hold one of the following key combinations on the keyboard. Command-R is a combination that is usually recommended, especially if you have never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later.
Command (⌘) -R
Install the latest macOS that was previously installed on your Mac.
Upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Install macOS that is included with your Mac, or the closest version that is still available.
Then release the button when you see the Apple logo, the globe spins, or the firmware password request. When viewing the Utilities window, it means that you have successfully started from macOS Recovery.
2. Determine whether to delete (format) your disk
If you have to delete the disk before instal MacOS, you can select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. You may not need to delete it, unless you will sell or award a Mac, or have a problem that requires you to delete it. Learn more about the time and how to delete a disk.
3. Install macOS
After starting from macOS Recovery, you can follow the steps below to install macOS:
1. Select Reinstall macOS from the Utilities window.
2. Click Continue, then you can follow the instructions on the screen to select your disk and then start the installation.
If the installer asks you to unlock the disk, enter the password used to log in to Mac. If the disk is not displayed, or there is a message that macOS cannot be installed on the computer or volume, you may need to delete the disk.
3. Leave the installation complete without switching the Mac to sleep or closing the screen. During the installation, Mac may restart and display the progress bar several times, and the screen may be empty for several minutes.
If the Mac restarts to the setup assistant, but you will sell or award it, press Command-Q to exit the assistant without completing the settings. After that, click Turn Off. When new owners start a Mac, they can use their own information to complete the settings.
If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or a later version has never been installed on your Mac, MacOS recovery will run differently:
• Command-R is still the recommended way to start from macOS Recovery. This combination will ensure that the installation is not related to your Apple ID, which is important if you are going to sell or award a Mac.
• Option-Command-R will install macOS that is included with your Mac, or the closest version that is still available.
• Shift-Option-Command-R is not available.
So the tutorial on How to Reformat Macbook Pro, hopefully this information can be useful and helpful. Make sure you have enough internet connection because you will download macOS from the Apple server. The macOS reinstallation process will be done when the download is complete. Wait until it’s all done. Good luck!